Sunday, December 1, 2013

No Surfing In Baler - Last Day

I had a restful sleep the previous night and woke up late. 

After freshening up, I went to the resorts restaurant and I seated myself near the veranda to have the best view of the Sabang Beach.  I had a hearty breakfast - double serving!

I decided to just check on two locations in the outskirts of Baler that morning so I can spend the rest of the afternoon and evening  in the resort and Sabang beach areas.  This would give me ample time to relax in preparation for return trip to Manila and ultimately back to CDO, first hour the following day. 

The unique stone formations and the long stretch of beach covered by smooth rocks were the main attractions at Ampere.  It's around 25 minutes drive by tricycle from Baler, at the municipality of Dipaculao.  Ampere Beach is locally known as Bunga Point.  

I arrived at Ampere mid-day, with the scorching sun way up high.  Accordingly, the best time to visit Ampere is during sunrise, but I was too lazy to wake up that early for this trip.

 
One would be tempted to swim or dive into the clear-bluish water but visitors are advised not to do so due to the huge waves that  lap the shores and a few boulder stones.  


I did not stay long at the beach since I can already feel my skin getting sunburn.  

On my way back to Baler, I dropped by a Dragon Fruit garden and bought a few pieces for dessert and snack back in the resort. 

It was my first time to see a dragon fruit plant up and close.  
















The famous Balete Park was just a few minutes from the Baler poblacion.  The park is famous because of the Millennium Tree which is a Balete tree more than 200 feet high and about 600 years old.  


One has to see this tree in person to be awed by its size - its HUGE!  The roots of the Balete has grown in such a way that it has formed chambers around the main trunk.  


These chambers has become a maze which allowed one from going in through one part and exiting to the opposite part. 

One visitor commented he did it in around 15mins.  

If one has no fear of heights, then tree climbing would be another activity in the park.  

Getting up to the peak was aided by the tree's trunks and exposed roots.  There were a few local kids present who made the climbing look simple, but in truth it can be a arduous task for any city slicker. 















It was lunch time already as suggested by my grumbling stomach.  I had to ask the tricycle driver (who earned Php300 for this morning trip) to bring me back to Bay's Inn and call it a day.

See you again Baler.








Thank you for reading.


No comments: